Thursday, June 21, 2018

In Case You Get Stuck In Ecuador...

Hey Guys! Today I have decided to share some tidbits on the Spanish language. Here are some quick and easy go to's if you ever get stuck in Ecuador-

~ Ok- Ok. Same in both languages just be careful, you don't want to agree to anything crazy. One      time I heard a story about a guy who almost adopted a baby...

~ Puedes hablar mas lento?- Can you speak slower? Useful in situations when you don't know what the heck is going on. I get to use it a lot.

~ Lo siento. Mi (Mami, Papi, Amigo/a) no esta aquí.- I'm sorry. My (Mom, Dad, Friend) isn't here. Very popular with Reese. Usually followed with a Chao.

~ Chao- Casual goodbye. Chao, kiss on check, Ok bye bye now.

Puedes ayudarme?- Can you help me? Sometimes asking for help is the only way to get around.

~ Vecino/Veci- It's a name for someone who's name you forgot or don't know. Translates directly to neighbor. I wish there was a word for this in English.

~ Loco/a- Crazy. Mi perro es loco, mi hermana es loca, y mi vida es loca. Good fallback word if thing get loco.

 That's all for now vecinos. Comment if you liked this post so I can decide if I should do it again.

Chao amigos,

Georgia




2 comments:

  1. I wish i had read this before visiting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sense of humor with your helpful hints, Georgia! Give us more! -Robyn

    ReplyDelete